Resilient Sound Isolation Clips | IsoMax
Patent No. 7,093,814
Designers wanting low-cost, space saving ceilings and walls that provide superior noise control
employ Kinetics Model IsoMax resilient sound isolation clips. Model IsoMax, attached to ceiling
joists, wall studs, or masonry, simply and easily secures drywall furring channel. One or more
layers of gypsum board are hung to the furring channel using common construction practices.
Offering higher STC values than drywall attached to
resilient channel, Model IsoMax ensures that installers will not inadvertently screw through the "resilient" leg of the channel into the joist or stud. This feature cannot be underestimated given the frequent, unknown occurrences where resilient channel is accidentally rendered ineffective because it is hard-attached.
- Best performance for the fewest dollars spent to build noise control ceilings and walls
Save Labor with IsoMax
- Effective sound control at low installed cost
- Error free installation of standard drywall furring channel; maximizes available occupied space
- Low-profile design
- Weight capacity - 45 - 60 lbs. maximum, see installation guidelines
- Performance range of STC 57 to STC 64 per laboratory tests; a better solution vs.
- Exclusive UL Design L583 offers 1-hour fire rating for typical wood-framed floor/ceiling composites
UL Fire Ratings
- Go to UL Online Certifications Directory
- Type Kinetics Noise Control in the 'Company Name' box
- Links to our listings will be displayed
Floor/Ceiling Assembly allows the broadest range of joist or truss assemblies including: engineered "I" joists, wood and steel trusses, 2 x 10 wood joists, and parallel chord trusses. Allows fiberglass or mineral wool insulation with two (2) layers of gypsum wallboard.
Design No. L528
Floor/Ceiling Assembly with parallel chord trusses from 2 x 4 lumber. See item 3C in listing. Two (2) layers of gypsum board on ceiling are required for a one-hour rating. See L583 for a more cost effective parallel chord truss assembly with acoustical insulation.
Design No. U305
Bearing Wood Stud Wall. See item 6A. Wall requires two (2) layers of gypsum board on the IsoMax clip side of the studs, one layer on the opposite side for a one-hour rating.
Design No. U356
Wall Assembly using wood studs. See Item 7A. Use two (2) layers gypsum wallboard on the IsoMax side for superior sound rating and a 1-hour unrestrained assembly rating.
Design No. U419
Wall Assembly using steel studs. See Item 7B. Use two (2) layers gypsum wallboard on the IsoMax side for superior sound rating and a 1-hour unrestrained assembly rating.
Design Nos. L521, L528, U305, U356, U419, V489, V498.